Gifts of Real Estate
Donating appreciated real estate, such as a home, vacation property, undeveloped land, farmland, ranch or commercial property, can make a great gift to The Voice of the Martyrs.
Benefits of gifts of real estate
- Avoid paying capital gains tax on the sale of the real estate
- Receive a charitable income tax deduction based on the value of the gift
- Leave a lasting legacy helping persecuted Christians through The Voice of the Martyrs
How to make a gift of real estate
Your real property may be given to The Voice of the Martyrs by contacting iDonate at (877)897-4273 or email at [email protected]. You may deed part or all of your real property to The Voice of the Martyrs. Your gift will generally be based on the property's fair market value, which must be established by an independent appraisal.
Conditions to donating real estate
iDonate will generally accept a real estate gift if all of the following conditions are met:
- Fair market value is more than $50,000.
- If the property is zoned commercial or is farmland, the Phase 1 environmental report comes out clean.
- There is no debt on the property.
- After the donation, iDonate will be the sole owner of an undivided interest in the property. In other words, the donor can subdivide the property and give a complete interest in one of the parcels, but iDonate prefers not to accept property where they will be co-tenants with others.
- iDonate prefers not to accept property that is subject to a rental agreement unless there is reasonable certainty that the property will sell within one month.
iDonate will consider deviating from these qualifications on a case-by-case basis.
iDonate Contact information
Please contact iDonate if the property you wish to give has existing debt or a mortgage. If iDonate is able to accept the property, you may wish to contact your advisor about the capital gains tax implications of your gift.
14643 Dallas Parkway, Suite 900
Dallas, Texas 75254
Email: [email protected]
Mortgaged Property - Please contact us if the property you wish to give has existing debt or a mortgage. Indebtedness can affect your charitable tax deduction.
Difficult Property Gifts - Certain properties pose challenges. We have adopted policies to limit the acceptance of certain kinds of real estate. Please check with us before making a gift of real estate so we can explain our gift acceptance policies.
Capital Gains Tax - Check with us on the capital gains tax implications of your gift. You may also be interested in life income options.